Hi! I'm a 26 year old Austin, TX native working on a doctorate in Music Performance at the University of North Texas in Denton. I've been a WW member for 14 months now and it has changed my life. Now, this doesn't mean that I'm a poster girl for the new campaign, but it means that I'm working on becoming a happy and healthy person and WW has undoubtedly helped! A few things you should know about me:
1) I'm in my third year of a rigorous doctoral program. It stresses me out, makes me cry and makes me go from wanting to starve myself to eating everything in sight. All things considered, I wouldn’t be anywhere else- it’s a great school and I have amazing friends and faculty. That being said, it is the number one stressor in my life!
2) I teach clarinet lessons to kids from grades 6-12 at Argyle Independent School District- great program! I love teaching, and I consider this active practicing for my career- teaching clarinet at the collegiate level.
3) I am a waitress in charge of the wait staff at a family owned Italian restaurant in Denton. This is the number two stressor in my life. The owners are great (but what boss doesn’t drive you crazy sometimes), 90% of the customers are lovely, and the food is SO tempting, but somehow I manage to do well there! Talk about implementing lessons learned in WW meetings- I do that everyday at work. I will definitely be talking about some of my methods!
4) I am in a relationship with an amazing guy. He’s not perfect, I’m not perfect, but we care a lot about each other and are both on slightly different paths toward the common goal of self-improvement. We met in school and are working on the same degree. We’ve been together for about 3 years and are constantly learning from one another.
5) I was raised in Austin, did my undergraduate in Natchitoches, Louisiana (Go Demons!), did my masters in Albuquerque, NM (Go Lobos!), and have lived in Denton for 3 years. Music has always been a huge part of my life. My dad is such a Texan and my mother is my role model. What an amazing woman. My older brother is starting his own family and I couldn’t be more happy or proud.
6) My cousin works for Beachbody and introduced me to the Turbofire workout. I love Chalene Johnson’s energy and the workout is awesome! In the last few months I’ve tried to mesh together nutrition and fitness tips I’ve learned from Beachbody and WW into my own personal guide. I love Shakeology, too! Check it out!
My life is about finding balance between all of these things. They’re all extremely important to me and I know it’s possible. It’s absolutely not been easy, but it’s my life and I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment