Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I hate cancer.

So... I have not been the best behaved person. I've eaten out two days in a row (Saturday and Sunday), and drank a few beers this weekend. The good news is that besides those events, I've been extremely healthy.

I worked a double shift today at the restaurant. When I got off work this evening, I spoke with my mom and found out that my grandmother has cancer. It was pretty upsetting. I didn't want to eat anything at all, but knew that I should. This is where it gets weird for me- sometimes when I get upset, I eat everything and sometimes I don't want to eat anything- either way, it messes up my metabolism. I made myself a bowl of healthy cereal with bananas and blueberries in it and had it with almond milk. This was my first step at not letting my emotions control my eating habits. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal to anybody else, but it was a big accomplishment for me.

I teach all day tomorrow and am honestly kind of glad for the distraction. We'll start working on solo and ensemble music in their lessons. I will work out tomorrow after I get done teaching in the evening. After I work out, I will post on here to ensure that I didn't just lie to everybody (but most importantly, myself).

--------------------------------------
Food tip of the day- With the cold weather moving in, I've decided to keep a few apples in my car at all times. It's really made a difference- I can grab one and eat it on my way to work, I can eat one before or while I'm grocery shopping, and it seriously fills me up for longer than I thought it would.

Emotional tip of the day: Don't take your family for granted. Love them while they're here, and love them unconditionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment