Well I'm working a double shift at the Italian restaurant I work at. It was a crazy lunch and the fresh baked garlic rolls smelled SO good! But I resisted... somehow... I find that drinking coffee at work really helps to keep me on track. It staves my hunger long enough to figure out what healthy option I'll eat when I get home.
I had half a grapefruit for breakfast... I quickly learned that isn't enough. I never feel hungry enough to eat a high protein breakfast in the morning, but am famished by the time I'm able to eat again. Annoying! My friend at work, Amanda (in the picture with me at Halloween), and I have made deals with each other that we're going to work out 3 times this week and practice 3 times. I did a solid workout on Tuesday and burned 9 activity points, but I've found that I burn so much energy running around the restaurant and carrying heavy trays of food that I can't workout on days that I do a double shift. I'm going to accept this about myself and move on with my life, otherwise I'm setting myself up for failure and self disappointment. I mean, I'm talking about 2 days out of 7 here- I think I can cut myself a little slack! And I am still getting a workout!
I'm about to go shopping during my break and buy a birthday present for a close friend of mine that turned 83 yesterday! What an amazing woman! Anyway, I hope all of you out there are having a good day today! My goals today are to drink enough water and to stay away from sweets! Good luck to all of you!
One day at a time! We can do this together! =)
I had half a grapefruit for breakfast... I quickly learned that isn't enough. I never feel hungry enough to eat a high protein breakfast in the morning, but am famished by the time I'm able to eat again. Annoying! My friend at work, Amanda (in the picture with me at Halloween), and I have made deals with each other that we're going to work out 3 times this week and practice 3 times. I did a solid workout on Tuesday and burned 9 activity points, but I've found that I burn so much energy running around the restaurant and carrying heavy trays of food that I can't workout on days that I do a double shift. I'm going to accept this about myself and move on with my life, otherwise I'm setting myself up for failure and self disappointment. I mean, I'm talking about 2 days out of 7 here- I think I can cut myself a little slack! And I am still getting a workout!
I'm about to go shopping during my break and buy a birthday present for a close friend of mine that turned 83 yesterday! What an amazing woman! Anyway, I hope all of you out there are having a good day today! My goals today are to drink enough water and to stay away from sweets! Good luck to all of you!
One day at a time! We can do this together! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment