Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting Back on Track (post-birthday)

So after the recording session, I felt like getting back on track, but then July 4th happened... with delicious food and lots of beer.... And then my birthday weekend happened, complete with a lot of drinks and a lot of food... But after my frightening weigh in (where I gained about 3.5 pounds over the last 3 weeks, I finally feel ready to get back to it.

I have been eating well- trying to fit in some high protein breakfasts, a workout, and stay within my points range. I am trying to be EXTRA well behaved because I'm going to Austin this weekend to see my mom, brother, and sister in law. We are going to Green Pastures- ahhh... words cannot explain how amazing this place is. It is unbelievably delicious fancy French food!

The last few days I have been eating very well. I made an egg sandwich for breakfast yesterday with some spinach, then a healthy veggie-filled lunch that is pictured below, and had some rice-free stir fry that Dustin made (heavy on the chicken and broccoli). We had a plumber here for most of the day (before I went to work), so I didn't get a workout in, but according to my activity monitor I burned 8 points at work!

Yesterday's lunch: one slice of low carb whole wheat bread, onion, ham, mixed greens, sliced carrots and celery, and a TBSP of Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette.


Today I had an egg, mushroom, spinach, onion, and ham sandwich and an apple, a banana with some yummy gingerbread coffee, and a ton of water. After my workout (which was Slim in 6: Start it Up and Slim & 6-Pack), I made a really really good salad; I call it my California Sushi Salad.

-half an avocado
-half a prepackaged container of sprouted brown sushi rice
-sugar snap peas
-green onion
-carrot
-cucumber
-sesame seeds
-imitation crabmeat
-about 2 cups of mixed greens

For the dressing, I mixed about 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, a tsp of sesame oil, a tsp of honey, a tbsp of soy sauce, and a tsp of wasabi powder.

Can I just say, OH MY GOD AMAZING??? Check it out below!


I am so full, but pleasantly so =)



I have found out two things that make a huge difference:
1) I need to bring a smoothie with me to work. Serving delicious, garlicky, buttery Italian food makes me want to eat everything in sight after working a 4 hour+ shift. I rarely make a good decision if I don't plan ahead. So, I know that I'm going to bring a smoothie with me to work, and make a turkey sandwich when I get home from work.

2) I have been eating WAY too much fruit and not enough veggies. I know that fruit is 0 points plus, but not if you eat half of a watermelon, 3 bananas, a fruit-filled smoothie, AND all of your daily points. Yikes. I'm trying to do better about that. I like vegetables- not sure why I've been so bad about that. Anyway, I'm trying to make a change and I can feel the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment